Working with parents is important to Chinn's success. If you need any information that you can't find here, feel free to contact us:
(816) 359-4330 Office
Building Strong Foundations * Each Student * Every Day.
Playground and Lunchroom
Goal: Building positive student relationships and helping students
enjoy a short break from the rigors of classwork.
In the lunchroom:
Each student is treated with respect and dignity at all times.
A safe and enjoyable environment is maintained for students through active monitoring. A lunchroom monitor continually moves throughout the area to manage the lunchroom.
As students move through the line we ask them to go five at a time so they have time and get what they need before being seated.
Students are required to remain seated during the lunch period.
Students are encouraged to use a calm, “inside voice” in the lunchroom.
Students will be rewarded with Panther Paws for demonstrating the expectations.
When students are dismissed to wait in line to wait for their teacher, “line basics” skills should be demonstrated; hands at side, facing forward, quiet and ready to walk.
On the Playground:
- Check the weather each day. Your child should be prepared to be outside unless it is extremely cold, extremely hot, or there is rain/sleet/snow. We do not deny students the opportunity to go outside unless absolutely necessary.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Remind your child to keep track of their items, writing your child’s name on clothing helps.
- Wear appropriate shoes. Athletic tennis shoes are the best choice. Your child will have the opportunity to participate in outdoor games and activities and their safety is our first priority.
- Lost and found can be checked at any time if your child has a missing item.
- Safety and sportsmanship are top priorities on the playground. Supervisors will constantly be watching and helping the children learn rules to games and to ensure their safety each day.