Questions??? Contact Janie Smith (7th grade counselor)
GPA 3.0 to 3.49 is 1 point, 3.5 to 3.85 is 2 points, 3.86 to 4.0 is 3 points
Only kids with a 3.0 or better for the first three quarters combined will be considered for any award.
School leadership/school participation is worth 1 point. Any involvement at Congress not required for a class counts.
- Play-tried out or were in (not attended)
- Stucco- applied or were in
- Student Ambassadors- applied or were in
- Ski club
- Spelling bee or geography bee
- Honor Choir- tried out or were in
- Talent Show- tried out or were in (not just attended)
- Junior Police Academy- applied or were in
- Weight lifting club
- Staff/student volleyball game- tried out or were in (not just attended)
- All district band or solo and ensemble festival
- Tried out or were in the basketball team or were a manager
- Scholar Bowl
- Performed as a voluntary act in the holiday assembly
- A+ tutoring
Attendance 90% or better is 1 point. No ISS/OSS is 1 point… if they do get ISS it is minus 1 point, OSS is minus 3 points
Community service (10 hours) is 1 point. Students will have a form to be signed by the person they are serving. It does not have to be through a formal organization, helping neighbors etc. is encouraged.
3 pts: blue ribbon 4 pts: bronze medal 5 pts: silver medal 6 pts: gold medal 7 pts: gets platinum