The A+ Scholarship Program was created as a part of the Outstanding Schools Act of 1993 as an incentive for improving Missouri's high schools. The primary goal of the A+ Scholarship Program is to ensure that all students who graduate from Missouri high schools are well prepared to pursue advanced education and/or employment.
The A+ Scholarship Program is designed to accomplish that imperative. "The A+ Scholarship Program will mobilize an intensive partnership among high schools, community colleges, students, teachers, parents, labor, businesses, and communities to give these students the motivation, skills, and knowledge to graduate from high school. It will create an innovative and well-designed path from high school to high skill, high wage jobs."
Park Hill High School:
Click here for the PHHS A+ Information Page
Park Hill South High School:
Click here for the PHS A+ Information Page
Stephanie L. Amaya
A+ Eligibility Requirements
Students that complete A+ are eligible for 2-years tuition* at any MO vocational/technical school or community college. Many MO 4-year universities offer scholarships based on A+ criteria as well. Students must meet all 10 requirements below to receive the A+ scholarship.
Be a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen lawfully present in the US
- Attend an A+ designated school for at least 3 years ending in graduation (Military exemption clause - see A+ Coordinator for details)
- Sign a written A+ Letter of Intent agreement
- Maintain an overall attendance rate of at least 95% (over 4 years)
- Earn at least a 2.5 cumulative weighted GPA by graduation (4-year schools may have higher minimum GPA requirement)
- Complete at least 50 hours of unpaid tutoring and/or mentoring
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of unlawful use of drugs (Students may not accumulate 10 days OSS for any reason)
- Score Proficient or Advanced on the Algebra I End-of-Course Exam
- Apply for federal financial assistance (Free Application for Federal Student Aid - FAFSA)
- Register with Selective Service (all males who turn 18 prior to graduation)
*All funding and requirements for the A+ Scholarship Program are contingent upon yearly renewal and appropriations by the Missouri General Assembly.
MO Department of higher education A+ Website
For more information, visit http://dhe.mo.gov/ppc/grants/aplusscholarship.php