Volunteers are important to the success of thePark Hill School District, and we appreciate their service to ourschools. In order to keep our children safe, all volunteers who mightever be around students without an employee present must be screened,starting in August 2014. Volunteers who have passed the screening process will be re-screened three years from their screening date.
If you have questions about the volunteer screenings, contact Beverly Leach, (816) 359-6022.
- If a volunteer will be alone with students in order to facilitate smaller groups on a field trip or in the school, that volunteer must be screened.
- If an unscreened volunteer will be on a field trip, that volunteer must stay with a district employee.
- Sitting with a student outside the classroom is unsupervised volunteering, even though staff members might walk through regularly. These volunteers must be screened.
- Unless the volunteer who works with students will stay with an employee at all times, the volunteer must be screened.
- Screened volunteers may not supervise unscreened volunteers. Unscreened volunteers must stay with a district employee.
- District employees have the right to refuse the services from any volunteer.
- The screening forms are available on this page, under the volunteer forms section.
- The volunteer will fill out a screening form for us to submit for a request for child abuse or criminal neglect records from the Missouri Department of Social Services.
- The volunteer will sign a form indicating that he or she agrees to all our volunteer rules and agrees to be rescreened every three years.
- The school will send the forms to the Communication Services department at the district office.
- The Communication Services department will submit the request for child abuse or criminal neglect records to the Missouri Department of Social Services and check to make sure the volunteer is not on the sex offender registry.
- The Communication Services department will notify the building of the results when the screening is complete. It can take up to two weeks for the screening to go through.
*If the volunteer or a building staff member isuncomfortable submitting the screening form, which includes thevolunteer’s social security number, through the district interofficemail, the volunteer may bring the form to the district office and turn it in directly to the Communication Services staff. We will keep allforms in a secure location.